Monday, August 30, 2010

IT'S SUMMER AND THE ARTISTS ARE LAZY


Its' summer and we are not at it like usual. Tim went to Milwaukee and I started teaching 3 college courses. Today we tried to sneak this one in. We ate at the Circus City Grill former Lincoln...I can't even recall it's name. Lincoln Square! Anyway the prices were up and they served us each enough food to feed two or three, hungry, no starving! lumberjacks. I ate about half and stopped. Tim took on the challenge and finished 'er up. As we walked out of the diner...his growl and 'brap' confirmed that I did the right thing in stopping with one lumberjack's portion. I took the rest home in a small suitcase size plastic box.
After we left, Tim's driving, he headed for Kokomo but he turned and headed toward Onward...not much there. How about Logansport? Yes, I replied. There's an old grain elevator in Logansport, I seem to have good luck with old elevators. We drove past the new Ivy Tech and headed back into town. On the way we passed a processing plant for corn. Not much there too industrial looking. So it was the elevator. Both of s headed for the shadow side of one of the silos as it (thermometer) was going to climb today. I set up closer to the gain elevator and begin with some large washes i acrylic over a large sheet of Reeves printmaking paper. I like the beige color and thickness a swell as it's hot press surface.Just as we were getting started a truck pulls up and the driver starts talking to Tim..he laughs and smiles real big and I figure he is smooth talking the guy. The truck pulls off and ask, Who was that? The owner. There were no trespassing signs all over the place but hell we just want paint the thing.It's not much more than looking at it real close...a crime? We finished up in about two and a half hours and we took a look at them standing back. Not bad! We did pretty good today and the sun is calling it a day,temperature-wise. Besides, I think Tim's breakfast started an intestinal avalanche.

No comments: