Monday, September 27, 2010

COLDER AND WINDY WITH A CHANCE OF FALL IN THE AIR



Today was cooler but the sun was out so it promised to be a good painting day for plein air. Tim called and asked me to drive. I didn't mind since it comes out in the wash...as they say. We ate and headed for someplace. Where are we going today? Since I was driving and driver chooses I said the power plant. We got there in a few minutes and I pulled into the train access path. We've done this before. No we haven't I replied.Yes we have. Well let's try it anyway. I had had a good run on the elevators and I didn't want it to end. I figured another tall structure would work with all of it's angles. We've done this before. Okaaaay. Let's head out 19 and see what we can find, was my reply. We drove for awhile and I spotted  an electrical sub-station with some of the elements we had been doing with the elevators. I pulled into the service lot which was in front of the fenced area. A big sign printed in large letters said NO TRESPASSING. We aren't we are outside the fence. We decided to get started. Tim started his drawing with a few paragraphs of non-expletives. I felt the wind pick up a little and the sun slipped behind a cloud. Damn. It slowly cooled down to a crisp 65 degrees. Tim was clicking away with the pastels tapping the paper surface while I started brushing in a drawing in blue-violet. Once done I started laying in some of the base color. The paper was dry and sucking the moisture up as quick as it hit the surface.This was going to be a dab-scumble dab-scumble piece. Scumbling is scrubbing the paint onto the canvas. The longer we painted the cooler it got. Tim was staring to complain that he was cold...I know I am too. Damn fingers are cold beneath my two left handed cotton work gloves. I know where are my rights? We were committed to the task. This is hard he said. I know. We have a challenge in this one. Maybe, we need to try more challenges like this one. After a few hours of painting we both were voicing the same ending...comments. I'm just messing around now ruining my earlier work. It's time to stop. We started to pack up. I need to get some pictures for the blog. Tim didn't want this one to be posted but mine was also as weird dealing with the subject. Tim's closing argument, "You win some you lose some." Mine looks weird. Nah, we just have to get more challenges like this one. Yah, we need more challenges. Tim smiled and got in the car. Turn on the heat!

No comments: