Saturday, April 9, 2011

OVER TROUBLED WATERS

Lost bridge is a story itself and I think I've told the story. The bridge is currently in bad shape...new decking and beams are in order...still the old iron bridge is rusting away...so we decided to paint on the bridge. 


J.O. a teacher where I used to teach joined us. These are his two watercolors. He has done watercolor as long as I have known him. He has reduced the landscape to little more than a calligraphy.

We all worked for about  two hours  on different views. Tim to the west. J.O. to the east and I to the north. No plan, that's just how it worked out. We all have different styles and media/technique. My last watercolors were years ago...acrylic provided the quality I liked in opaque watercolor. So I've stayed with it.
Mine is done with a palette knife on a heavy artist paper. Tim's is pastel on pastel 'toothed' paper that accepts pastel chalks best.This is his below...


Aside from the cold wet weather I painted in the car on the apron of the bridge J.O. and Tim from the bridge center.
Later....
philandtimpaintoutdoors.

No comments: