Friday, March 18, 2011

"The View From Old south Broadway"


"The View From Old south Broadway"

Writing a blog is kind of like being a teacher. Like Spearz, I was trained to teach but never actually taught. And by not working at that occupation, I have a harder time filling the page. Spearz, having taught almost 40 years, has the "teaching-writing gift." He's done a wonderful job these last couple of years keeping you informed. I couldn't have done it!


Monday started out cold and hazy, with the sun peeking through occasionally. It was Spearz' turn to pick the spot. We drove through town towards "Incenerator Hill" but I turned off on Old South Broadway. We found a nice spot overlooking Spring Street and South Peru. Spearz liked it and so did I. "Lets do it it!" Spearz' to the back seat, "Textured forms," he says. Myself, I'm thinking "Impressionism."

It was a quiet car. We were both concentrating to our fullest and the results showed our efforts. About an hour and a half later our pictures are ready to be shared.

Another great day painting and using the other side of the brain. Off to Subway and we'll do it again, Friday!

Later!
Tim

Later!
Phil

No comments: